Nobody deserves pampering more than mom, so get her something very special that will change her life.
Mother’s Day is here, and I hope you have the perfect gift for mom. If not, here are some ideas that you can use to celebrate her throughout the year. A card and flowers are always a great option, but for something more personal, check out my practical and luxurious options. Whether your mom or the mother figure in your life is a tech type, fitness fanatic, culinary queen, or music lover, there are plenty of Mother’s Day gifts here that I’m sure will make her smile.
1. There are several photo scanning apps and services that digitally organize any image no matter where it is: scrapbooks, photo albums or stored in boxes. Having your photos in a digitized and perfectly organized collection is a great gift for moms who like to collect moments and memories. Here are some options: Google’s FotoScan, Photomyne, Adobe Scan, Old Photo Scanner and Photo Negative.
2. For moms who love coffee, there is nothing like a specialized coffee maker. There are several options within this section, one is Ode, a coffee maker that grinds beans much faster, more consistently, and more quietly than any other machine you’ve used. It has 31 grind settings to please even the most particular mom. Another great option is the Café Bellissima expresso machine. This powerful machine offers the option to customize the flavor with 15 grind settings, from coarse to fine. It also features a built-in 180-degree rotating steam wand. A plus? It looks beautiful in any kitchen. It is available in white, matte black and stainless steel, all with copper details. Super chic!
3. Flowers all month is a great gift. There are flower shops and apps with monthly subscriptions so that flowers never stop arriving. You can choose weekly, bimonthly or monthly deliveries of fresh flowers tailored to mom’s tastes. You can also choose the size of the bouquet, price and number of stems (in more exclusive options). Some options are BloomsyBox or La Selva Florería.
4. One of the hottest trends are water carbonators. My favorite is the one from Aarke. It takes the chore out of carrying home heavy (and expensive) cans of seltzer water from the store, plus it gives you some green points by reducing your waste generation. SodaStream is another good option, but the Aarke Swedish Carbonator is super stylish and looks amazing on kitchen shelves. It is available in five gorgeous finishes to match the interior design of your kitchen.
5. Another great subscription–and of course, gift—is MasterClass. Give mom the opportunity to learn from the best professionals in the world in different industries. MasterClass makes it easy to learn about a wide range of topics, there are cooking classes with icons like Thomas Keller and Alice Waters, but also lessons on super varied topics like fashion with Anna Wintour. Membership costs $180 for one year. This is definitely an investment that mom will appreciate.
6. An Apple Watch is much more useful than any other. With this multifaceted device, Mom can be with the kids and away from the computer without worrying about missing an important call or email. You can find your phone if it gets lost, schedule your day, make running playlists, and do 1,000 other things.
7. As you know, one of my favorite activities is exercise. An exercise bike is a great gift for the most athletic moms. There are some with different levels of manual resistance, adjustable pedals, and pre-recorded workouts. Many come with memberships to spin clubs like Echelon Fitness and Síclo, giving mom access to thousands of live and on-demand fitness classes.
8. Lastly, my gift suggestion is a subscription to meal plans that are delivered right to your home. They can be specialized for weight maintenance or simply to lighten your load on busy days or when you’re not feeling 100%. For example, Mosaic Foods ships meatless meals that are delicious. Most are even great for freezing if you don’t plan to eat them right away. Bon appetite!